Thanks again to my mom for the fresh veggies! This time she gave me eggplant. I decided to make a dish that I could take to work the next few days. Think of this dish as something similar to eggplant parmesan, but without the breading.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut the eggplant into your desired size. Mine were a little smaller so I cut them into circles. You could cut them lengthwise as well to make it more like lasagna.
3. Place your eggplant pieces in a pan. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add a layer of pasta sauce over the eggplant pieces. The amount depends on your preference. If you like a lot of sauce, add more. If you prefer to go light on the sauce, don’t cover all of the eggplant.
5. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over sauce. I love cheese so I added quite a bit.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggplant has the desired firmness you would like. I prefer my eggplant to be a little more on the firm side.
This dish provided me with lunch for several days. I like it because it’s a light and I don’t feel too full, which often happens after eating pasta.