I am pleased to present my first guest post! And who better to be a guest blogger than my cooking inspiration, my mom. She’s a fantastic cook! Although for awhile I’m sure she thought I would never pick up cooking and survive off of grilled cheese sandwiches. It was only a matter of time though so thanks Mom!
As you’ll see with the recipe below, she enjoys coming up with dishes on her own.
I can always tell when fall is in the air because I crave hot soups and stuffed green peppers! Well, the stuffed green peppers won out this time. I decided to try making them a new way using hot Italian sausage.
4 green peppers
1 pound of hot Italian sausage
1 jar of marinara sauce or a sauce of your choosing
3/4 cup of grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1-2 cloves of garlic minced
1. Cut the tops off of the green peppers and remove seeds and ribbing.
2. In a separate bowl squeeze the sausage out of the casings.
3. Add one egg followed by the breadcrumbs.
4. Add only a 1/4 cup of grated Romano cheese. You can add more cheese depending how much you like cheese.
5. Add in the garlic and mix all of the ingredients together.
8. Stuff the peppers with meat mixture.
9. Bake the peppers uncovered at 375° for 55 minutes. Time may vary depending on your oven. Make sure the sausage is completely cooked.
10. Pour 1 to 1/2 cups of marinara sauce over the peppers, sprinkle with Romano cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Enjoy! These also freeze well to enjoy on another chilly day!